Re: Making the lilypond documentation ready for 2.12

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: Making the lilypond documentation ready for 2.12
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 11:15:20 -0800

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 8:57 AM, Reinhold Kainhofer
<address@hidden> wrote:

> 2) About the current CSS design: Patrick sent a patch a while ago, which was
> never applied. Plus, there are the suggestions to rename the "<<< Back to
> Documentation index" to something more meaningfull (e.g. "[To Documentation
> Overview]"). What do you thinkg about those things?

My last patch included the green nav bars, and I don't really care for
those anymore, so please ignore that patch.  I am currently reworking
the CSS based on the comments I have received from previous patches,
though this doesn't need to be done before 2.12.  The current style is
functional in every browser I have tested.

I would be okay with changing the "Back to Documentation index" link
to something more appropriate, like the phrase you just proposed.

> 3) How about other issues with the new docs? In particular, my list of issues
> has not been updated for quite a while:
> http://wiki.kainhofer.com/lilypond/texi2html_issues
> Are these problems still there, which are showstoppers and MUST be fixed for
> the release?

The "CSS Bug" under "CSS Issues" only applies to Andrew's stylesheet,
so this can be safely removed from the list.

I don't think any of these items are showstoppers.

Thanks,
Patrick