Re: GOP pre-planning: Frog bugfixing

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: GOP pre-planning: Frog bugfixing
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 14:18:14 -0600

Valentin Villenave wrote:

You're missing one thing IMHO: feature requests (and, possibly
bounties). We have quite a few of these, and this requires
super-skilled and super-dedicated frogs, possibly working as a team
(like the awesome work that has been done recently on harp pedals).

As for bounties, it is a shame that everytime a person says "I'm
willing to throw a few bucks in" we can't be there to answer "you're
welcome, here's my paypal account" :)

I think we should have a list of feature request associated with
bounties, for everyone interested to be able to make the auction climb
a bit more. That could possibly encourage Frogs to dive into the Pond
;-)

I like this idea, Valentin. I've offered up $100 to support ly2musicxml and I'd probably put up more if it came down to it. A list something like the one at this site might be appropriate:

http://musopen.com/bid/

If there were a few well-chosen feature requests that already have bounties, then it might help to have a place where people can quickly see what they are and how much money has already been promised. Shoot, I might even pitch in to help one of the other ones just to help *some* feature request get implemented by bounty, even if it's not the one I'm most enthusiastic about.

Jon

--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com