using \include for remote files

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: using \include for remote files
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 16:11:29 -0600

It occurred to me today that it would be nice if Lilypond could use \include to include files that are hosted on a website, the way html pages use stylesheets. Something like this:

\include "http://www.websiteaddress.com/definitions.ly";

Is this something that's feasible? I tried just adding that line to a file of mine and of course it said the file was not in the search path and couldn't be found.

Best,

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp