Re: should 'make web' take several attempts?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: should 'make web' take several attempts?
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 00:52:03 +0800

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 05:29:09PM -0600, Carl D. Sorensen wrote:

> On 4/11/09 5:21 PM, "Andrew Hawryluk" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > I am trying to build the docs, and I get "pdfetex exited with bad
> > status, quitting" errors. However, each time I reattempt it, it seems
> > to get further along before quitting. Does a full doc build from
> > scratch require numerous build attempts, in a similar way that LaTeX
> > must be run twice to get its cross-references correct?
>
> No, once should do it.

To add to this: if you've modified the docs and they now require
multiple runs, then you broke something.

If this is your first time building the docs, then you're probably
missing some requiement... hmm, maybe the utf-8 fonts?  I always
need to fumble around to find the right packages to install in
Linux; I end up looking at the package suggestions in
input/regression/utf-8.ly

Every time, I make a mental note to update the INSTALL file to
match whatever was in utf-8.ly, but I always forget before I
actually do it.