Re: Reverting Beat Grouping Commands

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Reverting Beat Grouping Commands
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 08:28:20 +0100

Carl D. Sorensen wrote Monday, April 13, 2009 5:53 PM

On 4/13/09 10:49 AM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:

Speaking strictly from a user's point of view, why not keep the
  \set beatGrouping = #'(3 3 2)
which automatically takes the denominator of the time signature?
ok, from a code standpoint you want beatGrouping to die, so what
about
  \makeBeamGroupings #'(3 3 2)

So then we could have \makeBeamGroupings #'(3 3 2) translate into an autoBeamSettings rule for the current time signature. I like that idea a
lot!  Thanks!

That's more or less what I was groping towards in my
earlier mails, so I'll go along with this.

Creating a function like this might solve the problem
with \set vs \override discussed in an earlier reply.

Trevor