Re: adding snippets manually

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: adding snippets manually
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 11:32:46 +0200

John Mandereau a écrit :
People should never be bored by manually editing snippets in input/new to write them in input/lsr, as this can be handled automatically by makelsr, but there are some formatting requirements for stuff in input/new that are not necessary for regression tests, e.g. tagging. I fixed makelsr.py so it may be invoked without any directory unpacked from LSR tarball to inspect; in this case, it doesn't delete anything in input/lsr, it only updates snippets from what it finds in input/new, including updating translated texidocs.
As I've started tweaking makelsr.py, let's go on until it does The Right Thing (tm). Snippets in input/new are added with known people with Git access, so I don't see it necessary to check them with "lilypond --safe". Are there any objections with removing this check? This will allow any doc editor or developer to use makelsr.py to "copy" one or several snippets from input/new to input/lsr, instead of having to (or not doing, or partially doing) manual editing.
No comment so far, so I guess it is fine to go with this. Applied on master.

John