Re: texi2html web page, second attempt

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: texi2html web page, second attempt
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 22:39:07 -0700

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 01:54:30PM +0200, John Mandereau wrote:
> Le 13/06/2009 20:14, Graham Percival a écrit :
> > To counter-act the "texi2html looks boring" idea, here's a new
> > version:
> > http://percival-music.ca/blogfiles/out/lilypond-general_1.html
>
> You made the proof of concept of using texi2html to write a website in
> Texinfo; this is nice and promising, I'm now almost convinced that we
> could adopt this technical design.  However, I'm sure I want to update
> the translation infrastructure first, as it will be reused in the
> website if we adopt this design: remember that it's about translating
> node names and section titles directly in the translated files, so it
> would well take between 10 and 15 hours to hack the scripts and apply
> and check the changes to existing translations.

Ok; I have no problems waiting for this.  Remember I was talking
about having the English version done this month, and translations
around Aug.

There should be a lot of shared infrastructure between the new
website and the main docs... actually, since they're all texinfo,
I'm not certain if there'd be *any* difference.

> > 2)  Apologies to people who worked on the perl texinfo init file
> > for the docs.  I hacked it up horribly to get this version.
>
> You could thank them too :-D

I think I thanked them when they did the original version during
GDP.  And we wouldn't want to double-thank people, after all!