Re: integration of general/web in main

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: integration of general/web in main
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 23:51:10 -0700

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 04:01:18PM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Op donderdag 13-08-2009 om 16:46 uur [tijdzone -0700], schreef Graham
> Percival:
> > All right.  Here's my proposal to get the docs stabilized with a
> > minimum of effort:
>
> We have a problem using the --split=node --node-names that we use
> for the current web [general]: translated files get different
> names, ie for Introduction (nl: Inleiding)

I would be tempted to generate the website in English first, and
*then* work on the translation stuff.

> It seems that the rest of the documentation is fine, possibly we
> should switch to --split=section like the rest of the docs
> (and rework some headings/nodes?)

Thankfully we don't have any subsections, so this would be ok.  If
it's simply a matter of changing the command-line arguments, that
sounds great.

I'm having trouble following the changes to the init script and
the lilypond build system.  I know this, however: we have sensible
html names in web-gop, so whatever changes there are between
master/Documentation/web-texinfo.init and
web-gop/texinfo/web-texinfo.init would cause these lack of
sensible html names in master.

BTW, why don't we want to credit texinfo and texi2html?  And what
happened to the footer?  The separator line only goes halfway...
oh, I see it's commented out.  Any reason why we don't want a