Re: Implement framework for post-fix text (de)cresc spanners

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Implement framework for post-fix text (de)cresc spanners
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 00:13:30 +0100

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 02:24:22PM -0600, Carl Sorensen wrote:

> On 8/22/09 11:34 AM, "Reinhold Kainhofer" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Graham does not want any syntax changes prior to 2.14, so this won't go into
> > spanner-init.ly. But these three definitions is all that is to be said about
> > the frontend....
>
> No, syntax changes are allowed in 2.13.  It is *stable* (2.12) that could
> have no syntax changes.

Yes, with the possible exception of changes that require manual
attention.  IMO, if we're going to eliminate all prefix notation,
then we should do that all at once (in 3.0), instead of piecemeal.

If this change uses \newcr or \crnew or whatever, then fine.  If
it redefines the behavior of \cresc, then I recommend caution.