Re: Switching to Waf instead of SCons?

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Switching to Waf instead of SCons?
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 09:41:41 +0200

Le samedi 12 septembre 2009 à 02:57 +0100, Graham Percival a écrit :
> Hmm.  Could you / have you contacted the waf developers about
> making the version-checking function part of their main distro?

No, because I'm not familiar enough with Waf and my code isn't
stabilized enough, so I put my custom extensions and tools in modules
custom_configure.py, Tools/texinfo.py...  However, I plan to do this
later.

> That seems like a fairly fundamental feature for a configuring
> system, so I'd like to make sure they agree that your solution is
> good.

My solution is good as long as it works for LilyPond; whether it's
useful for other systems will be considered

> Otherwise we might have problems down the road if they add
> a different version checking function.

Nope; even if there is a naming clash, we can resolve it in our
sources :-)  The only issue I'm scared about is that Waf class
interfaces might be a moving target.

Best,
John