From: Graham Percival
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:40:50 +0100

script/ is broken.  I suspect that the general
out/lybook-db/ thing is the problem -- when I look at self.missing and
self.added (say, adding a print to line 818 of
scripts/build/ ), I see tons and tons of files.

This is confirmed by the following test:
address@hidden:~/tmp$ ls
2.13.3  lilypond-2.13.3-0.test-output.tar.bz2
2.13.5  lilypond-2.13.5-HEAD.test-output.tar.bz2
address@hidden:~/tmp$ find . -name "*.ly" | xargs grep

I can't see how could track files across such changes.

So... how are the directories and hashes generated?  If it's
machine-specific, then we have a hope -- we can't generate a
comparison between 2.13.3 and 2.13.5, but at least later comparisons
will be possible.

If the hashes are based on the contents of the file, which I fear,
then we're hosed whenever we update the version number of the
regtests.  :(

Cheers,  (?)
- Graham

PS I suppose we could change the hashing function to disregard any
\version commands... but that still strikes me as fragile.  Maybe the
best solution is to not use the lybook-db for input/regressions ?