Re: Issue 872 in lilypond: Changes split-page has broken images

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Issue 872 in lilypond: Changes split-page has broken images
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 19:18:46 +0100

Le mercredi 04 novembre 2009 à 12:10 +0100, Jan Nieuwenhuizen a écrit :
> I don't think so, as texinfo wants names to be normalized.

We already do our custom normalization in extract_texi_filenames.py, so
I'd rather downcase file names than nodes.

>   We can
> simply lowercase our short/file name entries in node menus that
> we use in general.*, I think.  See attached

This is a wrong approach, because node names should start with a
capital; downcasing all files names is better, and it's harmless, as we
don't rely on file names that differ only by the case.

> Yeah, laugh.  That's the reason why hardcoding names all over
> the place is so bad.  Renaming a directory should be a simple
> mv and M-x tags-search-replace.

I don't know this technique, why didn't tell you about it 2 years ago
when I started doing this a wrong way? Can tags be files? How to use
them?  I read the Emacs manual about tags but didn't see how we could
use them to softcode file names.

> I'd rather rename directories once, in the source ball, than
> on the website.

Sure, but as the website hosts compiled documentation for several
branches and the documentation sources include the website sources, we
can't have exactly the same directory scheme for both the sources and
the output, can we?

Best,
John