Re: the name of your repo directory?

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: the name of your repo directory?
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 21:44:04 -0800 (PST)

John Mandereau wrote:

> There is really no risk of collision with a previous
> existing repository: if there was one, 'git init' would
> barf.

Except that once I designate a remote branch `origin', I
need to name the other branch something else?  My
understanding is hazy, but from the build directory of my
`master' repo, adding the lilypond/translation branch as in
CG 1.1.4 returns `fatal: remote origin already exists.'  The
whole procedure in context follows below; what's the right
way to do it?

- Mark

$ mkdir lilypond; cd lilypond

$ git init
Initialized empty Git repository in /home/owner/lilypond/

$ git remote add -ft master -m master origin \
Updating origin...

$ git checkout -b master origin/master
warning: You appear to be on a branch yet to be born.
warning: Forcing checkout of origin/master.
Branch master set up to track remote branch master from
Already on 'master'

$ git remote add -ft lilypond/translation -m \
  lilypond/translation origin \
fatal: remote origin already exists.