Re: GUB buiding from a local source tree?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GUB buiding from a local source tree?
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 20:46:08 +0000

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 02:51:47PM -0500, Boris Shingarov wrote:
> How do I tell GUB to build Lilypond from a modified source tree which I
> have locally, instead of getting it from git?

Wow, you're brave!  Look at lilypond.make; I believe you'll want
something like
make -f lilypond.make LILYPOND_REPO=/location/of/your/tree lilypond

but I'm almost positive the command is slightly different.

>  In general, where is the
> best place to start reading more on GUB,

The source code.  Sorry, but that's it.  Well, there's the README
file in the gub dir, but other than that, read the source.

The most important makefiles are lilypond.make and gub.make.
These tend to set up some variables, then call
  bin/gub ...
to do stuff.  bin/gub is a python program.  Main python stuff is
in gub/*.py.  Individual programs are in gub/specs/*.py

Oh, and make sure you're using the latest GUB; IIRC there are 2 or
3 different git repositories floating around.  You want the one at
github.

Good luck!