Re: Why don't we get rid of \chordmode?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Why don't we get rid of \chordmode?
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 13:39:03 -0400

Hi all,

1. I also disagree with David's statement/opinion that "chords are much more
common than tremolos". This is certainly true in the pop (e.g., music theatre)
scores I compose/arrange/engrave, but absolutely false in the classical scores
I compose/arrange/engrave. Since I do roughly equal amounts of work in each
"world", I conclude that, in my life at least, chords and tremolos are equally
common.  :-p

2. I'm sure we could find a way to change the [very useful] tremolo syntax into
another equally simple form -- i.e., not overloading the colon symbol -- and
thus be able to implement David's suggestion (or equivalent/improvement) for
chordmode, if it's useful. For example, tremolo notation could be
address@hidden or something similar.

> So please, don't change current tremolo easiness.

+1

Cheers,
Kieren.