Re: Translation errors in German documentation

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Translation errors in German documentation
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 09:05:20 +0200

-Eluze schrieb:
after some more reflection and searching for "Bundinstrument" with google (12
results in opera, 32 in firefox, there is even a wikipedia article raising
the question, if a new category "Bundinstrumente" should be created! see: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal_Diskussion:Musik/Archiv_4#Kategorie_Bundinstrument.3F http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal_Diskussion:Musik/Archiv_4#Kategorie_Bundinstrument.3F ) i think it would be better to replace all these expressions (gebundene
instrumente, bundierte instrumente, bundinstrumente and similar with
Instrumente mit Bünden or Saiteninstrumente mit Bünden.

hope this is not to late!
Seems so :-( Till has pushed the latest version.

On the other hand, repeating "Saiteninstrumente mit Bünden" all over the place is rather clumsy, and I think everyone understands "Bundinstrumente" in the context - I used the term "Saiteninstrumente mit Bünden" at the beginning, so it should be clear that a
"Bundinstrument" is in fact a "Saiteninstrument mit Bünden".

"Gebundene|Bundierte Instrumente" should not be mentioned anymore throughout the text, so
I can live with the chapters as they are.

Thanks for your investigations!

Marc