Re: bounties

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: bounties
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 17:35:08 +0100

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 5:10 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> People try to be editorially neutral, and not suggest any choice of
> religion like vi, Emacs, whatever.

http://lilypond.org/website/easier-editing.html

"As a general rule, if you are not already familiar with Emacs or Vim,
then you would probably prefer to use a different editor for writing
LilyPond input files."

Admittedly, we don't come out and say "Use lilypondtool" vs. "Use
Frescobaldi", but I think that page is basically what you're hinting
at.

"When will the new website go live?": when there's no Critical items
remaining about the website.  This could be as soon as 2 hours after I
start working on the website.  But I'm not going to do that until the
Bug Squad is working well, and when there's no other big disasters
blowing up at the moment.
Best-case scenario: next weekend.  More realistic: two weeks.  My
pessimistic opinion: mid-August.