Re: Chromatic transposition -- a very small starting step

From: Joseph Wakeling
Subject: Re: Chromatic transposition -- a very small starting step
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 12:16:09 +0200

On 07/09/2010 10:34 PM, Neil Puttock wrote:
> Sounds good to me.

So, here we go ... (faster to achieve than I expected, thanks to a
conversation with a friend who is Scheme-experienced).

I've defined a Scheme function "naturalize-limit" which can be used to
define limits for different cases, and given two examples -- one where
the maximum alteration must be less than a whole tone, and one where the
maximum alteration must be less than or equal to 1/2-tone (the old
naturalizeMusic).

In principle I can also use these to define custom cases for the notes
c, e, f, b as well; not sure if I should, since the whole point of the
naturalizeMusic function is to kill things like c-flats and e-sharps,
and tonal transposition is already taken care of by Lilypond's default
options.

(Other possible improvements -- getting rid of the (set! ...) functions?
 My Schemer friend laughed at these...:-)

Next step, hooking this into the transpose_mutable() function... :-)