Re: [Patch] Indentation in parser.yy

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: [Patch] Indentation in parser.yy
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 16:27:50 +0100

Graham Percival wrote Tuesday, September 14, 2010 2:24 PM

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 03:11:53PM +0200, Valentin Villenave wrote:
It's not much, but since it does change quite a few lines (in a such critical source file, on top of that), there's no way I'm gonna try
and push that myself :-)

Rejected.  Don't manually screw with indentation, especially in a
critical source file.  If this is part of work on 746, we can
talk, although since I offically Started work on it... err...
oops, I forgot to claim the issue.
/me runs off and does that.

Ok, basically, I'm preparing the background for our discussion
about indentation, *after* 2.14 is out, and *after* I have enough
information to lay out the positive and negative aspects.  I don't
see much potential for positive outcomes until that's done, so I
urge you to withdraw the patch and everybody else to ignore this.

You know, after rebuffs like this it's hardly
surprising you don't get many people offering to
help you.  Seeing this, anyone thinking of offering
will likely think again.

Trevor