Re: Files for the first phase of Czech translation of documentation

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Files for the first phase of Czech translation of documentation
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 17:38:17 +0200

2010/9/20 Francisco Vila <address@hidden>:
>> @ref{Textový vstup}
>> @unnumberedsec Textový vstup
>> @translationof Text input
>>
>> and on other place:
>>
>> @ref{Textovém vstupu}

>> Does it matter? This "problem" - difference between text strings in braces
>> is only on some places, not all. The solution would be somehow change the
>> syntax of statement, or force nominative, even if the beauty of language
>> would suffer.
>
> I'm afraid I don't catch the problem.  Is there any obstacle to put
> the best possible translation in every case?  You are in charge of
> your language.  We trust you.  Just don't forget to make all links
> work even when some strings may be different.

Oops, sorry. I got it.  No, you have to choose a proper string which
fits on both cases, or links will not work.  You could use the named
variant of the ref macro, see macros.itexi for this, whenever you
really need to make a ref with a different text.

Hope this answers your question, ask again if not.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com