Re: names of vertical spacing dimensions

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: names of vertical spacing dimensions
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 08:00:50 -0600

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> So my fear is that the new scheme is both strictly logical, and not
> useful for specifying a coherent document layout.

But the new scheme is just a restatement (renaming) of the current scheme.
Mark is not trying to *redo* the document layout algorithms; he's trying to
*rename* the document layout properties.

It appears that this effort has been helpful in at least two ways:  (1) it
is strictly logical, and (2) it has helped to identify some of the
limitations of the document layout algorithms.

Perhaps in the future these limitations can be resolved.

Thanks,

Carl