Re: lilybuntu 2

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: lilybuntu 2
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 09:44:06 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Colin Campbell" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2010 5:27 AM

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 04:54:45AM +0000, Graham Percival wrote:
unfortunately kainhofer doesn't seem to be updating with the new
CG (or even the new website), so until I release 2.13.44, the only
people who can see the updated instructions are those who can
already compile git.

Further to this, I'll upload a current version of the CG pdf to
somewhere.  It's not ideal (since the official docs will still be
out of date), but at least lilypond-devel people can read the
latest draft while we're working on these instructions.

Just come across another issue you may want to document. It's not trivial to get stuff on and off the VM. If you install the Guest additions, copy and paste works fine. However, I wasn't able to find an easy way to transfer files (e.g. patches). I was initially able to use the Windows network, but at some point that stopped working - I think it must have been when I went from live to the installed version. I couldn't get ftp to work. In the end I resorted to Google and the VBox manual and it said that to get ftp working you need to change the setup from NAT network to Bridged. I did this and lo - Windows network is back, as is ftp. Might be worth a line in the CG to set up the VM as bridged.

--
Phil Holmes