DOC: NR Dynamics context and postfix dynamics (issue3743045)

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: DOC: NR Dynamics context and postfix dynamics (issue3743045)
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 04:31:23 +0000

This looks even better to me.  Thanks!

I have a few comments below.

I'm delighted to have you manage the review and updates for this patch.

When it's time to apply the patch, if you'll create a patch using
git-format-patch, and email it to somebody to push (maybe Trevor
Daniels, or me), then we'll  be able to commit it with you as the
author.

The snippets in input/regression/ are *not* part of the documentation;
they're just regression tests.  If a snippet is to become part of the
documentation, and is not included inline in the file, then you'll want
to have a snippet intended for documentation use in
Documentation/snippets/new.

Thanks,
Carl

http://codereview.appspot.com/3743045/diff/1/Documentation/notation/expressive.itely
File Documentation/notation/expressive.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/3743045/diff/1/Documentation/notation/expressive.itely#newcode366
Documentation/notation/expressive.itely:366: Textual crescendo marks
begin with @code{\cresc}
We can even get shorter and simpler here, by saying

"Textual dynamic changes with extender lines can be created using
postfix functions:"

The example shows everything we need to know; we don't need to explain
the code in the text.

http://codereview.appspot.com/3743045/diff/1/Documentation/notation/expressive.itely#newcode392
Documentation/notation/expressive.itely:392: Textual marks can also be
produced by @code{\<} and @code{\>}:
Maybe this should say something like

"Textual markings for dynamic changes can also replace hairpins,
although
this usage is deprecated:"

The key issue here is that we're using \*Text* to replace a standard
hairpin.

http://codereview.appspot.com/3743045/diff/1/Documentation/notation/keyboards.itely
File Documentation/notation/keyboards.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/3743045/diff/1/Documentation/notation/keyboards.itely#newcode84
Documentation/notation/keyboards.itely:84: see @ref{Dynamics}, between
the two @code{Staff} contexts
References should be at the end of sentences where possible.

http://codereview.appspot.com/3743045/