Re: CueVoice issue fixed

From: Mike Solomon
Subject: Re: CueVoice issue fixed
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 19:30:12 -0500

Unfortunately, I cannot automate the clef change stuff because of the way the
engraver works - unless beams are announced earlier, the engraver can't catch
them in time.  That means that I'd have to keep every grob alive in case there
were a beam that extended over the whole duration of the piece through
auto-beaming and not through explicit signaling (this is admittedly insanely
unlikely, but it is also exactly the kinda thing I'd do).

Perhaps we should just say in the docs that explicit beaming is mandatory
around stuff like key changes, time signatures, and clef changes if people want
collision avoidance.  It is kinda buggy, but it would require a radical change
to lilypond's engraver system to have some sorta retroactive event triggering
(unless I am misunderstanding how this thing works, which wouldn't be the first
time...).

Everything else is implemented / fixed.  Please add to Rietveld.

Cheers,
MS