Re: Fixes issue 39 by raising stems (issue3934041)

From: mtsolo
Subject: Re: Fixes issue 39 by raising stems (issue3934041)
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 15:34:22 +0000

Fixed (I think).  Will run regtests in a bit.  Meanwhile, it makes this
cleanly:

\relative c' {
\time 2/4
<< { \autoBeamOff c16 s4.. c'16 s4.. c,16 s4.. <c' e g c>16 s4.. c4 } \\
{ b,2 b'2 c,2 c'2 c4 } >>
}

http://codereview.appspot.com/3934041/diff/2001/lily/note-collision.cc
File lily/note-collision.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/3934041/diff/2001/lily/note-collision.cc#newcode177
lily/note-collision.cc:177: if (touch)
On 2011/01/12 00:31:36, Keith wrote:
On 2011/01/09 09:52:42, Keith wrote:
> why not apply the stem lengthening here?

Oops, then we lengthen in more common cases, <<g32\\g32>> and
merge-differently-headed, which looked better the old way.

I think the ideal target set is (touch && !merge_possible) but I will
be slow to
test (have an evening meeting).

Done.

http://codereview.appspot.com/3934041/diff/11001/lily/stem.cc
File lily/stem.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/3934041/diff/11001/lily/stem.cc#newcode322
lily/stem.cc:322: Real extra_raise_tip = scm_to_double (me->get_property
("extra-raise-tip"));
On 2011/01/11 17:20:27, Carl wrote:
> But I think that extra-stem-length is a better description

It is a better description of what we want, yes, but then it should
act that
way.

The note-collisions determine a minimum-stem-length that probably
should apply
12 lines up, near the length adjustment for the stem's own noteheads.

length := min (me->"length", minimum-stem-length)

Then stems that are lengthened anyway to reach the staff centerline
<<c32\\c2>>
should be left alone, as well as those lengthened due to with chords
in the
flagged stem << <g f' g'>64\\g2 >>.