Re: Fixes issue 39 by raising stems (issue3934041)

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Fixes issue 39 by raising stems (issue3934041)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 04:39:55 -0800

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 03:23:16 -0800, Mike Solomon <address@hidden> wrote:

I think that the case you're talking about (<< e'32. \\ e'2>>) is a problem
with my code, which triggers stem raising for flags that fall on the right even though
these flags do note cause intersection problems.  Is there a good way to weed this out?

I don't know.  I didn't see a boolean that represents exactly the cases you want.
"touch" is true when the colliding note is at a height where we will try to
shift the flagged note left, unless we merge heads, or the flagged note has more dots,
...  and I think that is all the exceptions.
This part of the code solves similar problems, like raising the flag away from
(but not quite clear of) the stem's own noteheads, so one would think there
would be a way to cooperate with what is already done.  I just haven't studied
it enough yet to know.
-Keith