Re: PATCHES: 48-hour notice for note spacing and negative frets

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: PATCHES: 48-hour notice for note spacing and negative frets
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 16:55:11 +0100

Mike Solomon <address@hidden> writes:

> Hey all,
>
> I have scanned examples from Boulez's Third Piano Sonata, Elliot
> Carter's Night Fantasies, Elliot Carter's Sonata, and Stockhausen's
> Klavierstücke II & IV.  However, I don't want to go to jail for
> sending out a link to the LilyPond devel list where these scans are
> posted.  How should I go about sharing it w/ all interested parties &
> staying w/in the realm of what's legal @ the same time?

You wait for someone you know to contact you via personal mail for the
purpose of helping you with your task.  As long as they need the scans
to work on a task commissioned by you, that should be reasonably within
the confines of fair use as long as you are in legal possession of the
requisite originals.

Of course, this is at best an unqualified opinion and must not be
confused with binding legal advice.