Re: compiling error with 'unknown' directory 'cs'

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: compiling error with 'unknown' directory 'cs'
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 10:34:47 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Colin Campbell" <address@hidden>
To: "James Lowe" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 5:57 AM

On 11-02-10 10:47 PM, James Lowe wrote:
Hello
From: Graham Percival address@hidden
Sent: 10 February 2011 19:47
To: James Lowe
Cc: address@hidden

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 02:36:58PM +0000, James Lowe wrote:
I've just done a git pull from this morning and tried to do a 'make ; make doc' and get an error
You need to run
   ../configure
again, due to build system changes for new languages.  It's /just/
possible that you might need to delete your build/ dir and start
again, but running ../configure should be enough.

---

Unfortunately it wasn't.

I did also did a make clean ; make doc-clean and (even re-run configure) then started again, left it run overnight and it still failed..

:(

So now because I won't be able to do much until this evening at the earliest, I've just nuked my whole lilypond-git dir and completely started again from scratch and left it running. I might as well as I have nothing to lose now - shame, I would have liked to get that Titles patch done before the weekend.

Has anyone else actually done a clean doc/web build since all those translations were merged?

James

As it happens, I've been having all *sorts* of fun trying to get a clean local build of the docs so I can finish off those patches of Reinhold's. I can build lily both from gub and directly from the command line in lilypond-git. Make doc has so far choked every time I've tried this week, even after nuking lilypond-git and the .lilypond-fonts.cache-2. I'm re-running a make doc after a sudo make install, wondering about path issues: it's working on snippets and announcing itself as 2.13.50 but even with 6GB and -j3 I'll not see results 'til the morning. I'll let you know what happens, and I'll give it another try at the office in my VM environment.

'Night all
Colin

Same problem here did a git pull that seemed to download the whole source again and then doc builds were taking an age and then erroring. I then saw James' post and Graham's advice to run ../configure and once I'd done that got a clean build much faster. Keeping my fingers crossed it'll still work this morning.

--
Phil Holmes