Re: guile 2.0 and ghostscript 9.0

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: guile 2.0 and ghostscript 9.0
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 21:12:23 +0200

Graham Percival writes:

> I'd like to have the first release candidate for 2.16 in 3-4
> months.  If we think that we can sort out any problems with those
> dependencies... or any other build dependencies, for that
> matter... then let's start merging them.  If not, they can wait
> until 2.17.

Ghostscript-9.0 can be a simple operation.  Nothing needs to be changed
in LilyPond; and in GUB at least linux and mingw builds are tested.

Guile-2.0 is a whole different story.  We first need full support in
LilyPond [possibly guile 2.1].  Cross building guile 2.0 is still much
in flux too.  It will probably be possible to do 32bit->64bit cross
builds too, in a while.  It would be nice to get versions out to test
but I would not expect to switch soon.

Jan

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl