Re: New alist to replace special characters. (issue4553056)

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: New alist to replace special characters. (issue4553056)
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 03:34:43 +0000

Patch LGTM.  I still have concerns about  maintaining a list of ascii
definitions for UTF-8 characters, as described in the comments.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4553056/diff/9003/input/regression/markup-special-characters.ly
File input/regression/markup-special-characters.ly (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4553056/diff/9003/input/regression/markup-special-characters.ly#newcode7
input/regression/markup-special-characters.ly:7:
#(define-markup-list-command (show-special-characters layout props) ()
If we're going to do this, this code should be added to the appendices
of the Notation Reference, so it will be included in the documentation.
I don't really think it should be part of the regression test suite, but
I could be convinced otherwise.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4553056/diff/9003/scm/output-lib.scm
File scm/output-lib.scm (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4553056/diff/9003/scm/output-lib.scm#newcode958
scm/output-lib.scm:958: ; Punctuation
I'm still not convinced that we should get in the business of defining
these ascii-based characters instead of using UTF-8 directly as part of
the core lilypond distribution.  But if nobody else is opposed to it
then I will not maintain my objection and I will agree with the patch.

I have *no* objections to including the functionality with whitespace
defined in the default-string-replacement-alist, and having an LSR
snippet with additional replacements.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4553056/