Re: Redirects lilypond output to reduce make doc noise (issue4550119)

From: percival . music . ca
Subject: Re: Redirects lilypond output to reduce make doc noise (issue4550119)
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 15:11:02 +0000

hmm, on my machine this creates a log file like:
  snippets-names-173988768 .err.log
(note the space)
in the main dir.  Instead of that, could we:
1) not have a space
2) direct the log for each file to the corresponding .ly file?  I mean,
I see
  15/lily-f332c4db.ly
(you'll have different numbers for your stuff)

I'd like the output for
  15/lily-f332c4db.ly
to be written to
  15/lily-f332c4db.err.log
  15/lily-f332c4db.log
(maybe even .std.log ?)

it might also be good to consider the lilypond-book (and lilylib) patch
separately from the build system.  For example, just test it with
  out/bin/lilypond-book foo.tely
(after making a foo.tely) and make sure the log files work with that.
Then, once the lilypond-book patch is pushed, add it to the build
system.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4550119/