Re: GOP-PROP 3: C++ formatting

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 3: C++ formatting
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 11:47:46 +0100

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 08:10:50AM +0200, Jan Warchoł wrote:
> 2011/6/22 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> > I see three main contenders:
>
> I'm confused.  Are we talking about choosing indent style or choosing
> the tool that will automatically apply whichever style we want?

Specifying a code style would be far too much work, and/or would
leave too many things undefined/ambiguous.  Much easier to pick a
tool, look at the output, tweak the tool/options if necessary,
then declare the output of that tool to be our standard.

> > git diff origin/dev/gperciva-fixcc origin/dev/gperciva-astyle
>
> when i call this in ~/lilypond-git, i get
> fatal: ambiguous argument 'origin/dev/gperciva-fixcc': unknown
> revision or path not in the working tree.
> ...?

Hmm.  You're in the lilypond source directory, right?  And you did
a git pull first?

> I went to
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=heads
> and compared some files manually, but there were almost no
> differencies - am i missing something?

There are plenty of differences.  If you get the git diff command
to work, you'll see.