RE: GOP-PROP 1: python formatting (accepted)

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: GOP-PROP 1: python formatting (accepted)
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 01:49:14 +0000

Hello,
From: address@hidden address@hidden on behalf of Graham Percival address@hidden
Sent: 23 June 2011 23:48
To: address@hidden
Subject: GOP-PROP 1: python formatting (accepted)

We have now accepted the final version of GOP-PROP 1.  The
unofficial page will remain online for the duration of GOP:
http://lilypond.org/~graham/gop/gop_1.html

but the offical version is now in the CG and was pushed as
  bde5d50a10ab68e864c161fb98478c3803b6d409

Are there any volunteers to do this reformatting?  The GOP website
link (above) has a few tips for tools which could make this a
5-minute job (plus testing).  I don't anticipate it being a
complicated process; if you have git access you can push the patch
directly with no need for review.

-----------------

I'll have a stab.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4634090

I know you said that it wasn't complicated - it wasn't - I used a text editor
(on MacOS) that comes with a lot of snazzy functions including Tab to Space
conversions on the fly.

However, I had to move the files from one OS to another - the text editor keeps
the formatting (I have used it before for LP stuff when hunting out invisibles
that were added via copy/paste from email clients) so it shou be fine.

When I uploaded it I don't see any 'side by side diff' instances, only the
whole file. As if it were brand new.

Is this expected or is it something special with .py files?

I retried this again and saved it directly using gedit on Linux in case it was
something odd with the OS formatting. But as I say this tool is designed to
accommodate all the nuances of different formats of text so I'd expect this to
be ok.

Could someone look at the patch and see?

James

PS I did a search for Tabs on all py files in the /python/ and /scripts/ dir
and only came up with these.

James