Re: GOP-PROP 3: C++ formatting

From: Jan Warchoł
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 3: C++ formatting
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 16:07:45 +0200

2011/6/22 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> Speaking academically, C++ code style is a "solved problem". Let’s
> pick one of the existing solutions, and let a computer deal with
> this. Humans should not waste their time, energy, and creativity
> manually adding tabs or spaces to source code.
> I see three main contenders:
>    * emacs x.y.z with extra post-processing: our current
>      “official” style with scripts/auxiliar/
>    * astyle 2.0.2, possibly with extra post-processing
>    * uncrustify 0.58

Ok, since comparing gperciva-fixcc and gperciva-astyle branches didn't
work for me, plese verify whether i understood correctly:
- we are discussing which program we will use for code formatting, not
the actual style
- each of the suggested programs uses style similar to
so whatever we choose, the results will be quite similar. Right?