Re: Adapt fixcc.py to use Astyle instead of emacs (issue4662074)

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Adapt fixcc.py to use Astyle instead of emacs (issue4662074)
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 12:43:53 -0700

On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 00:18:21 -0700, Trevor Daniels <address@hidden> wrote:

Carl Sorensen wrote Tuesday, July 05, 2011 7:12 AM

long_variable_name = (first_term
                      + second_term);

I prefer this indentation too.  If Emacs users forget
the brackets Astyle will indent it, but without the
brackets.  Can Astyle/fixcc be made to add brackets
to keep Emacs sweet?

Astyle has no capability to add a pair of () ,
and I think that's too much to ask of the regular expression filter in fixcc.
We humans could take care of it ourselves.

Emacs has a function "c-lineup-assignments" that aligns to the =, even without the extra
().  I tried it in emacs and it works great.  However, I do not know Lisp well enough to configure
the call from fixcc.py properly so that emacs indents with "c-lineup-assignments".
-
Keith