Re: Adapt fixcc.py to use Astyle instead of emacs (issue4662074)

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Adapt fixcc.py to use Astyle instead of emacs (issue4662074)
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 21:58:14 +0200

Carl Sorensen writes:

> I've tried Emacs, and I can't see the benefits justifying fighting through
> the learning curve.  It's not comfortable for me; I have 30+ years of
> experience with vi(m), so it's hardwired in my bones.

Something went wrong here; it's awesome if we can manage not to depend
on Emacs anymore.  Especially for people like you.  I won't go into the
vi/emacs things, vi is a great editor; I've used it for 10 years before
I managed to switch to Emacs.

> We need more, not fewer, developers on LilyPond.  Why would we want to
> force people to try Emacs as a condition of helping out with LilyPond?

Sure; and of course we don't want to force anyone.  Although I would
want to encourage people to give a programmer's editor a serious try.

Jan.

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl