Re: Ties colliding in single-staff polyphony

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Ties colliding in single-staff polyphony
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 11:20:04 +0200

On Jul 18, 2011, at 11:00 AM, Bertrand Bordage wrote:

> Thanks Dmytro !
>
> I looked at what Mike said.
> Could not there be more code in common between ties and slurs?
> A tie isn't so different from a slur, is it ?
> By doing so, we could get rid of TieColumn and many bugs.

[moving to devel]

Tie_column is just a convenient way to group ties across note columns.  It is
possible to dispense with it by moving the grob array "ties" to the NoteColumn
grob, but you'd need to figure out a way to do the bound calculations that are
done in Tie_column::before_line_breaking.

I think that the overlap between ties and slurs (their look) is already made in
common via the Bezier class.  Otherwise, they work fairly differently (check
out their details properties and how these details are used - there isn't any
obvious overlap).

What bugs are you referring to when you talk about ties?  There are a few in
the tracker.

Cheers,
MS