Re: Fix 1214: cueDuring and quoteDuring should also quote voices that cr

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Fix 1214: cueDuring and quoteDuring should also quote voices that create subvoices (issue4816044)
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 02:17:28 +0000

I like it, although I can still get the error if I put a new voice in
the quoted expression like this:
  quoteMe = \relative c' \new Voice {

http://codereview.appspot.com/4816044/diff/3001/input/regression/quote-during-subvoice.ly
File input/regression/quote-during-subvoice.ly (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4816044/diff/3001/input/regression/quote-during-subvoice.ly#newcode4
input/regression/quote-during-subvoice.ly:4: texidoc =
"@code{\\quoteDuring} and @code{\\cueDuring} shall properly quote
trailing space makes git complain

http://codereview.appspot.com/4816044/diff/3001/input/regression/quote-during-subvoice.ly#newcode12
input/regression/quote-during-subvoice.ly:12: \new Voice {
You might keep the main voice going in parallel
<< { c4 c }
   \new Voice { g4 g } >>
to ensure that the patch continues to work (as it does now) to quote an
instrument that is itself quoting third. (I've actually wanted to to
this, for taking cues, in a couple situations.)

It is interesting, in a good way, how it works with
divisi parts if both parts have the same rhythm,
but I would not encourage that we try to guarantee nor advertise that.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4816044/