RE: PATCH: 48-Hour countdown to 20:00 MDT Friday July 29

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: PATCH: 48-Hour countdown to 20:00 MDT Friday July 29
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 11:47:04 +0000

Hello,

)-----Original Message-----
)From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden
)Sent: 28 July 2011 09:16
)To: James Lowe
)Cc: Reinhold Kainhofer; Colin Campbell; Devel
)
)On Jul 28, 2011, at 10:07 AM, James Lowe wrote:
)
)> PA to Mike Solomon
)
):)
)Even with my new virtual box, I am sometimes forgetting to take certain
)steps to get a clean baseline (i.e. forgetting to commit changes before
)deleting a branch, which leaves a set of files in my new branch, which
)then gets compiled with a patch, etc.).  That has gotten better in the past
)few days, but I still make mistakes (like the slur stuff).  Your regtest and
)admin help is very appreciated!
)
)Cheers,
)MS

Mike, depending on your Host machine you can use snapshot of VBOX quite
effectively, to snapshot a point where you KNOW you have a clean build and even
create snaps of different stages of your dev. I use it a lot because I get
confused with git stashing and popping, but also to save me having to keep
making a clean make test-baseline (only because it is much more sure to go back
to a snap than run the 'clean' make commands).

James