Re: Please rebase local development on current master before pushing...

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Please rebase local development on current master before pushing...
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 10:34:58 -0700

On Tue, Aug 02, 2011 at 10:32:15AM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:

> We have had several single-commit branches recently.  Those appear in
> the history just as "merge with master" and require additional work for
> tracking the changes, worse so when the branchoff point is a long way
> backwards.
>
> So please make it a habit to do
>     git rebase origin
> before doing
>     git push

Thanks for the tip!  Sorry, I'm still fumbling around with git,
and I'm not certain if this applies to me.

When I build a release, I follow the @examples on this page
completely literally -- I don't even glance at the text when I
cut&paste it into my shell:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/minor-release-checklist

If I need to have a few "git rebase origin" in those commands,
could you please push a fix to that page?  It's in
  Documentation/contributor/release-work.itexi
line 70 - 230 or so.