Re: Please rebase local development on current master before pushing...

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Please rebase local development on current master before pushing...
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 12:03:28 -0700

On Tue, Aug 02, 2011 at 08:46:28PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> Graham Percival <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/minor-release-checklist
> >
> > If I need to have a few "git rebase origin" in those commands,
> > could you please push a fix to that page?  It's in
> >   Documentation/contributor/release-work.itexi
> > line 70 - 230 or so.
>
> No, heaven forbid.  The recipe is for working from changes which are
> already in the upstream repository and likely are the base for the work
> of others.  It is not relevant for the release preparation from a public
> branch.

Release preparations involve merging master into release/unstable,
adding a commit to release/unstable, building the release, then
merging back into master.  I'm not convinced that those
instructions don't need any git rebase -- but if you've checked
that webpage and think it's fine, then I won't insist.