Re: 2.15.9 regtests

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: 2.15.9 regtests
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 06:52:05 +0100

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 03:08:04AM +0000, Keith OHara wrote:
> I've looked closely at the changes with distance 5.0 or above, and
> looked quickly at the others.  If one more person takes a shift
> starting at the small 'distances' that would be great.

5.0 and above?  ok, I'll do the rest.

> One concern:  Cell counts doubled in many .profile reports !

please add a new Critical issue for that.  We can always mark it
invalid later.

> Two unexpected spacing changes that I will investigate:
> beam-extreme.ly  spacing-correction-accidentals.ly

really?  beam-extreme.ly looks pretty much the same to me...?
spacing-correct-accidentals.ly certain looks like the second
accidental doesn't get as much space as it used to, and that might
be a bug.

> Two changes that I can't explain:
> tablature-tremolo.ly    beam-collision-beamcount.ly

hmm.  I normally wouldn't have bothered to notice those changes.

song-melisma.ly : significantly less space for the beginning of
the half note after the barline.  I think the new version looks
better, though.

beam-feather-breaking.ly : lots of changes system spacing.  Mike,
IIRC feathered beams were your baby; do you still like the look of
this?  I don't see anything obviously wrong, but it seems quite
suspicious overall.

dynamics-alignment-breaker-linebreak.ly : lots of extra space at
the beginning of the first bar.  Added as

key-clefs.ly : some similar weirdness with beginning space.

hara-kiri-alive-with.ly: ditto

spacing-loose-grace-error.ly: broken sometime before 2.15.9.
added as:

spanner-break-beyond-parent.ly: same problem as key-clefs.ly

hairpin-barline-break.ly : ditto

instrument-name-hara-kiri.ly : ditto
dynamics-broken-hairpin.ly : guess what?
page-break-turn-toplevel.ly
paper-nested-override.ly