Re: do we want special versions of the accidentals for use with text?

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: do we want special versions of the accidentals for use with text?
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 01:24:12 +0200

2011/9/21 Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:
>>> For figured bass, the situation is different: Here we use
>>> LilyPond's digit font, which is completely under our control, and
>>> having accidentals fitting those digits better is a good thing.
>>
>> I will prepare shorter versions of accidentals.
>
> Thanks!

While we're at it, i have a question: should i change the baseline of
the new shorter versions of the glyphs?  It should make easier adding
them to other notation elements.
See attached.

2011/9/21 address@hidden <address@hidden>:
> Hey Janek,

Hey Mike, nice to see you join the discussion!

> You wouldn't need to touch the engravers.
> The changes would need to be made in standard-alteration-glyph-name-alist,
> which is found in output-lib.scm.  Just sub in the glyphs you want to use.
> Note that this will have effects in other parts of the code (chord symbols,
>for example).
>
> To limit your changes to figured bass stuff, check out format-bass-figure
> in translation-functions.scm.  The function alteration->text-accidental-markup
> is the one that ultimately leads to the accessing of
> standard-alteration-glyph-name-alist :
> you'd need to sub this function out with another one for the special figured
> bass figures.

Thanks for the pointers, but i got lost nevertheless :(  I don't know
what to do with text-accidental-markup; git grep doesn't show anything
promising...

cheers,
Janek