patch merge staging

From: Graham Percival
Subject: patch merge staging
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 08:11:45 +0000

Due to my desktop computer update, I can't compile lilypond, and
therefore can't run patchy.  Hopefully we'll get that fixed in the
next few days, but it'd be annoying for people to have their
patches floating around in dev/staging for that long.

James, or anybody else with a fast or moderately fast computer,
could, you run Patchy?

WARNING: patchy will change branches and stuff in your lilypond
git dir, so make sure you don't have anything you want to keep in
there!

Just get the latest lilypond-extra repository, then:
1. make sure you have your $LILYPOND_GIT environment variable set.
2. go to the patches/ subdirectory in lilypond-extra
3. make sure you have a /tmp/ramdisk (not necessarily an actual
ramdisk), or else modify compile_lilypond_test.py to change the
build dir.
4. run ./compile_lilypond_test.py

ideally, after about an hour, you should see a message saying
something like "for now (manual test), run git push
origin:HEAD:master".  If you see that, go to your lilypond dir and
run that command.