Re: Doc writing for unpure-pure-containers

From: Peekay Ex
Subject: Re: Doc writing for unpure-pure-containers
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 10:23:30 +0000

Mike,

On 14 November 2011 10:18, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've answered a couple questions recently where unpure-pure-containers have
> come in handy and think it'd be beneficial to have some text in the notation
> manual about them.  However, understanding pure properties is scary for
> developers, so I'd imagine that it'd be downright nightmarish for users.
> James - would you be interested in helping me out with this? I think that
> you're good at formulating things in a way that people understand.

No problem, but before you start on the work, suggest a place where
you think it should go.

For example were you thinking

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/notation/advanced-tweaks

Or thereabouts?

I ask because perhaps this kind of information may not be appropriate
for the NR.

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/extending/index.html

Might be.

Regards