Re: Don't wrap EventChord around rhythmic events by default. (issue 5440

From: n . puttock
Subject: Re: Don't wrap EventChord around rhythmic events by default. (issue 5440084)
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 22:47:32 +0000

Great work David.  I like how \harmonic works properly for single notes
now. :)
File lily/ (right):
lily/ "Is @var{obj} a proper (non-rhythmic) event
I'd be much happier if there were a separate ly:post-event? predicate.
If I see ly:event? I'd expect it to return true for all events.
File lily/ (right):
lily/ (void) music_list_to_relative (get_property
("articulations"), last, true);
Since this is only used in TrillSpanEvent, wouldn't it be better to have
a callback specific to rhythmic music which does this instead of
checking it every time?

Ideally, we'd have a separate event for the trill pitch, then we
wouldn't need to do this at all if it were kept out of 'articulations
(and it would have the added benefit of correct origin info).
File scm/define-music-display-methods.scm (right):
scm/define-music-display-methods.scm:141: (define (post-event? m)
This just duplicates the code for the exported predicate.