Re: somebody needs to run staging before 29 Jan

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: somebody needs to run staging before 29 Jan
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 18:56:08 +0100

2012/1/30 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 12:37:58PM +0100, Janek Warchoł wrote:
>> 2012/1/29 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
>> > So seriously: this needs to move to a different computer if LilyPond
>> > development is of concern to you all.
>>
>> My work on Patchy (to make it more foolproof and more
>> operator-friendly, i.e.
>> 'run-a-script-and-everything-gets-done-automatically')
>
> that's ALREADY how it works for the staging-merge.

I guess i mean something different than you do when i say "everything
gets done automatically".

>> will
>> unfortunately take some more time; it's harder than i thought and i
>> have to focus on my exams again.  I estimate to finish it until 5 Feb
>> - Graham, it would be great if you decided to run Patchy yourself a
>> week longer.
>
> I refuse.  Jan 29 was the deadline; that deadline has passed.  I
> will not be running the staging-merge.

As you wish, but please note that this gets me very unmotivated to do
anything and continue my work.  Following your plea for more
automation, and knowing about problems with Patchy that showed on
2240, i decided to pause my other Lily work and focus on improving
Patchy and our development workflow.  I took the approach of solving
problem causes instead of symptoms: it takes more time, but its better
in the long run.  I've spent about 30 hours on Patchy in the previous
week despite exam season.  Now i feel like a noob because i haven't
finished a simple python script till Jan 29, and my 30 hours of work
seem to be worthless.  Great.

Janek