Re: Build: website should rely on $LILYPOND_GIT (issue 5630055)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Build: website should rely on $LILYPOND_GIT (issue 5630055)
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 23:33:32 +0000

On Sat, Feb 04, 2012 at 11:10:51PM +0000, address@hidden wrote:
> Documentation/contributor/website-work.itexi:270: make -f website.make
> WEBSITE_ONLY_BUILD=1 -B website
> If we leave -B here, does it fix issue 2251?

That's not the issue; once I'd boiled down the instructions and
tested them on my own computer, I noticed that cron was
complaining because LILYPOND_GIT wasn't set, because cron doesn't
inherit the normal user env vars.  :(

This is the second totally stupid mistake I've made recently
that's caused a lot of angst (the other was failing to properly
set up an independent user to run Patchy and thus having it use an
out-of-date lilypond git directory).  But they're both the kind of
thing that a second pair of eyes might have been able to catch in
about 5 minutes.

Moral of the story: we really need at least two people familiar
with, and ideally actively performing, all administrative tasks.
It's too easy for one person to have a little slip-up.