Unbound variable GUILE error when no whitespace before closing brace

From: James
Subject: Unbound variable GUILE error when no whitespace before closing brace
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 07:20:15 +0000

Hello,

Just investigating some old Tracker issues I came across that

\new Staff \with { \override StaffSymbol #'staff-space = #0.9 }
 \relative {
 \times 2/3 { d16[ d16 d16] }
}

compiles

but

\new Staff \with { \override StaffSymbol #'staff-space = #0.9}
 \relative {
 \times 2/3 { d16[ d16 d16] }
}

Doesn't.

--snip--
GNU LilyPond 2.14.1
Processing `test.ly'
Parsing...
test.ly:14:58: error: GUILE signaled an error for the expression beginning here
\new Staff \with { \override StaffSymbol #'staff-space = #
                                                          0.9}
Unbound variable: 0.9}
test.ly:15:1: error: syntax error, unexpected \relative

etc.

--snip-

Note the lack of white space after the '#0.9'

This occurs on 2.14.1 and 2.15.28.

I guess I've been strict with my spacing or never had braces that
close to an override to notice this before.

I assume this is expected if not nice behaviour. I'm curious only
because I am wondering how a '}' would be a variable and why it isn't
ignored or just signalled (if that is the right term) as a close of
the previous open brace?

Regards

James