Re: Gets vertical skylines from grob stencils (issue 5626052)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Gets vertical skylines from grob stencils (issue 5626052)
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 07:07:48 +0000

On Feb 15, 2012, at 6:00 AM, Janek Warchoł wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 2:05 AM, address@hidden
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Is there something to the effect of:
>>
>> build/share/lilypond/current/fonts/scm/font-cache.scm
>>
>> either the scm folder or the file?
>
> Umm, i don't have anything like that.  First of all, i didn't use
> build/ directory - everything was compiled in top source directory (I
> know that's a bad practice, but wanted to stick with steps you posted
> on Feb 9 as closely as possible).
> Taking build/ aside, i have 'share/' subdirectory inside out/.  When i
> go to TOP_SRC/out/share/lilypond/current/fonts/scm, there's only one
> file named '*.scm' (yes, an asterisk).  When i click it Ubuntu says
> that it's broken:
>
> The Link "*.scm" is Broken. Move it to Trash?
> This link cannot be used, because its target
> "../../../../../../mf/out/*.scm" doesn't exist.

Interesting.
I'm assuming this comes from line 248 and 249 of GNUmakefile.in, but what's odd
is that it creates a file with an asterisk.  It is literally a copy and paste
of everything around it.  Of course, this is not necessarily a recipe for
success, but I don't see why it'd be that far off the mark.

Does your mf/out/font-cache.scm have a bunch of definitions in it (for
something like box-hash)?  If it does, that means that the file is building
correctly, which is half the battle.

As for nuking everything and starting over, that may work (i.e. removing the
entire out directory) - I'm not sure, but if it doesn't tie up your computer
and prevent you from doing other things, it's worth a shot!  Thanks for your
patience - what's difficult is that it works well on my machine (even after
`make clean', so it's tough for me to troubleshoot it.

Cheers,
MS